Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Keeping It "100"

January 5, 2014
11:51 AM

Psalm 100
A psalm. For giving grateful praise.

1 Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the Earth!

2 Serve the Lord with gladness!
   Come into his presence with singing!

3 Know that the Lord, he is God!
   It is He who made us, and we are his;
   We are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving,
   and his courts with praise!
   Give thanks to him; bless his name!

5 For the Lord good; 
   his steadfast love endures forever,
   and his faithfulness to all generation.

Thank you, Lord! Thank you for your grace and mercy! Thank you for giving us the strength and endurance to even begin this journey! There's so much to be thankful for that I cannot possibly fit it all in this one blog! Ladies and gentlemen, today is our 100th day of homeschooling! What a milestone! There's so many reasons for giving the Lord thanks! I barely know where to begin!

Well, let me start by apologizing for not posting yesterday. I've been sick this week (a homeschooling first!) and barely had the energy to keep up our regular lessons. But, by the grace of the Lord, not only has Jay been doing well in his lessons, we've been rolling with the Black History lessons about Harriet Tubman. Monday, we did an overview of who Harriet Tubman was and how she contributed to American history. Yesterday, we went to the National Geographic website and did an interactive journey of The Underground Railroad. That was pretty cool! We discussed some notable abolitionists that provided "depots" and assistance to the passengers of the Railroad. I tell ya, the internet has so many awesome ways to supplement homeschooling lessons.

We were supposed to celebrate 100 days by fixing homemade pizza and baking a cake, but Mom just didn't have the energy. But, I did let Jay play on the Playstation for an hour more than what he paid for. (We're still doing the money thing. It's still working! If you don't know what I'm referring to, please read Homeschooling Hacks, Part 1) He read his library books, and got to catch up on Monday night's episode of WWE's Monday Night Raw.

Today, we're going to fix the pizza for dinner and enjoy cake and ice cream for dessert! We'll cover another lesson about Harriet Tubman and probably will relax. I'm still very tired. Another reason I'm thankful is because the Lord has given me the energy, courage, and dedication to get up every morning, fix my children breakfast, and complete 4-6 lessons everyday! Early on, you never know what he has planned for you. Thinking back on the person I used to be, I would've never guess that by the time I reach my late-20s, I'd be doing all the things I'm doing now. I love the life the Lord has given me. I love Him even more for equipping me with the strength, dedication, and wisdom to live it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment