Monday, February 3, 2014

Black History Month Kick-Off!!!

February 3, 2014
1:53 PM

It's the month of February! What exciting events do you have planned for this month?

Man, this is a jam-packed month full of awesome educational opportunities and fun! This month is Black History Month, and Stephan and I will be teaching Jay about four historical figures each week. This week we're learning about Harriet Tubman. Jay will watch videos about her, color pictures, learn about the different connecting Underground Railroads, and more! Next week, we'll talk about Garrett A. Morgan, then Dr. Charles Drew, and then close out the month learning about my favorite singer of all time- Stevie Wonder. This is going to be so exciting!


Tomorrow, we celebrate 100 days of homeschooling! I want to get into everything that I have planned, but I'll save that tomorrow's blog. I'm so excited!!! We will probably learn the history of Valentine's Day, but that's something I need to read into myself. I've acknowledged the holiday for 27 years, and the most I know about it is that you give candy hearts with little messages on it to someone you have a crush on. Well, considering I've been married for nearly three years, I don't feel it necessary to do that. Besides, I tell my honey I love him everyday...and I cook him three square day everyday. Isn't that enough? *Lol* We will celebrate President's Day, and will focus on the strides black people made under various presidencies, and, yes, even though I don't agree with many of his policies, we will talk about President Obama! We'll talk about President Lincoln and the abolition of slavery. I want to talk about General Washington, but I don't think it'll be appropriate to tell my almost seven-year-old that homeboy had like hundred slaves and even had a bunch of kids by him. We'll discuss it eventually, but only when he's older. *Lol* Speaking of my almost seven-year-old...

February 26th. My 4', 63 lbs. "baby" will be seven. *sigh* Where did the time go? I don't even know what else to say. I get so overcome with emotion, because God has been so good to us! Jay has made so much progress and I couldn't be more proud and more honored that the Lord chose me to be his mother! there won't be any big celebrations with friends or anything like that. Instead, Stephan and I want to take him to the planetarium that isn't too far from here. We also want to take him on a tour of Austin, and get out of this town for once. There's also a zoo in Waco that we think he and Maddy would like. On top of all of that, WWE (World Wrestling Entertainment for those of you who aren't too familiar with this company. Yes. All four of us are HUGE fans.) will be coming back to Waco in March and I reeeeaaaaallllllyyyy want to go again this year! We went last year and had such an awesome time! We saw the return of The Undertaker! AAAAHHHHH!!!!!!! Their untelevised house shows are super-awesome, because you never know who is going to show up! We took six-year-old Jay and five-month-old Madison to a show to watch men and women fight. They loved it. *Lol* I know, I know. Just awful...

Yes. We were live and present at this particular show!!!

What an eventful month we have coming up! Keep checking back, because I'll be posting as often as I can!


No comments:

Post a Comment